30 SEPTEMBER - 2 OCTOBER 2016.
The Hermanus Whale Festival started 25 years ago in the coastal town of Hermanus. Residents and visitors celebrate the migration of Southern Right Whales and other marine wildlife with ocean-themed activities and exhibitions, emphasising education and environmentally responsible adventures and activities.
From the 30th of September till the 2nd of October 2016 the Hermanus Whale Festival is celebrating the only enviro-arts festival in South Africa, “putting the creatures of the deep on stage and under the spotlight alongside top performers and musicians.
” Hermanus, known as the best land-based whale watching destination in the world, plays host to thousands of visitors (2014 we welcomed over 100 000 visitors) who flock to the seaside resort to exhilarate in the unique natural environment, watch the whales and revel in music, enjoy great food and enjoy the many activities available during the festival .
The Whales are always the star performers at the festival and will be joined on land by great food, quality crafters, great sport events, 3 day coaching clinic, kids entertainment, a Music stage with over 20 artists performing over the festival, Marine ECO Village, Vintage Car Show and thousands of people celebrating Spring in the most beautiful place on earth - Hermanus
Last year we boast a very successfull Eco Marine Village, great food, quality crafters, great sport events, kiddies entertainment, a music stage with artists consciously performing during the festival, a Vintage Car Show, SA Defence Force exhibition and thousands of people celebrating fun in the sun in this beautiful seaside resort!
What to expect at the Hermanus Whale Festival
- The festival combines whale watching from shore and sea with live shows, hands-on family fun, street parades, film, music, seafood and local produce
- An inter-active Eco - Marine Village Tent with the theme above and below
- Treasure hunt in the Eco - Marine Tent for the kiddies on Saturday and Sunday (12-2)
- Great food at the festival as well as restaurants in Hermanus
- Quality crafters on Market Square
- Kiddies Entertainment on Market Square
- Whales and Wheels Classic Car Show
- Go-Rally (A breakfast run from Cape Town to Hermanus)
- Coke Music Marquee on Gearing's Point
- KFM - Live everyday on Market Square
- Whale Sporting Events at Benguela Cove
- Chris Chameleon - Saturday 8pm on the Coke Music Stage
The full programme of events available here